Monday, September 20, 2010

Assignment One- Reflections.....


The school that I am student teaching at is located in Aitkin, MN. Which is located 30 miles East of Brainerd, MN. The 3rd grade is made up of 68 students, but grades 5th, 6th, and 2nd, 1st, and Kindergarten range from 90-119 students per grade. The atmosphere is small town, Aitkin's population is 1,900. Aitkin is in up-north Minnesota so there is a lot of outdoor activities offered year round. There are 365 area lakes, making fishing and outdoor activities a big part of the everyday life for a lot of my students. My classroom consists of 23 students, 11 girls and 12 boys. They are all Caucasian, and most live out of the city limits (we have no students who walk to and from school). Our classroom has a moby-board and clickers that are implemented for students to take quizzes on. There is a projector that is also used. The school just purchased two document camera's last week.


List of Goals:
To be able to effectively teach by including an anticipatory set and closure without over thinking it or preparing many hours for it.
To experience Parent-Teacher conferences
To get involved in one ore more activities outside of the classroom
To attend a school board or some other meeting
To get great reviews and feedback from both my university supervisor but also my cooperating teacher


At this point, my primary concerns are....holding my students engaged when I explain objectives in the beginning of my lessons.


At this point, I am looking forward to most...is getting back their Star Math scores, and their reading levels and see how much they increase by the time I leave.


Take a look at my classroom!!!!!!
Here are some parts of the Reading area:






Here is part of the Math area:




1 comment: